IT-LIST Digest 53Topics covered in this issue include:  1) Re: MACRO FOR SPM IMAGES	by G.R.Mitchell@reading.ac.uk  2) Find object preferences/merge pseudocolor pictures	by hartsuiker@imb.unibe.ch (Edgar Hartsuiker)  3) Re: Find object preferences/merge pseudocolor pictures	by "Peter D. Cherry"   4) Loss of Device in Image Tool DTOL Configuration	by Ian Paterson   5) change aspect ratio?	by Gary Marshall   6) Re: change aspect ratio?	by "Dennis B. Barr"   7) DT3155 and Win95	by Gary Marshall   8) Re: DT3155 and Win95	by Linnea Ista   9) Re: DT3155 and Win95	by p.d.lee@ic.ac.uk 10) Error in IT 1.25	by Simon van der Linde  11) Re: Error in IT 1.25	by Jeremy Thomason ----------------------------------------------------------------------Date:     Sun, 20 Oct 1996 18:23:52 +0100From: G.R.Mitchell@reading.ac.ukTo: it-list@sparky.uthscsa.eduSubject: Re: MACRO FOR SPM IMAGESMessage-ID: <"sums1.readin:028520:961020172356"@reading.ac.uk>	This is an automatic reply.  Feel free to send additionalmail, as only this one notice will be generated.  The followingis a prerecorded message, sent for  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I am away from the University until 28 October 1996 If you have urgent matters you may find it useful to contact   Mrs Sylvia Moon  e-mail spsmoon@reading.ac.uk  FAX + 44 1734 750203  TEL + 44 1734 318541 who has contact addresses for me. I will be in touch as soon as I am back in Reading Geoffrey Mitchell (g.r.mitchell@reading.ac.uk)  ------------------------------Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 16:19:36 +0100From: hartsuiker@imb.unibe.ch (Edgar Hartsuiker)To: IT-LIST@sparky.uthscsa.eduSubject: Find object preferences/merge pseudocolor picturesMessage-ID: <9610211511.AA01089@sparky.uthscsa.edu>Hello,        I just started to play around with IT, and am impressed by ITs possibilities. Now I have two questions.         At the moment I have a problem. After I checked `Manually select objects` in the `find objects` preferences, I have not been able to change the settings back to `automatically select objects` (I want to set a minimal pixel size). I have tried it several times, but after choosing ok in the preferences window and reopening the `find objects` preferences, always `Manually select objects` was checked. I do not have this problem with other preferences in the `find objects` page. Am I doing something wrong? Could this be a bug?         We want to use IT for capturing double staining immuno fluorescence and FISH pictures with different fluorochromes. We have a black and white camera. Therefore it would be very nice if we could colorize the pictures (e.g. the FITC picture green and the TRITC picture red) and merge them together afterwards. Are there any plans to include this feature in future versions of IT? I can imagine that I am not the only one that is interested in the feature.Thanks, Edgar***************************************************   Edgar Hartsuiker                             **   Institute of General Microbiology            **   University of Bern                           **   Baltzer-Strasse 4, CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland **   Tel:    +41 31 631 46 53                     **   Fax:    +41 31 631 46 84                     **   E-MAIL: hartsuiker@imb.unibe.ch              ***************************************************------------------------------Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 21:20:02 -0400From: "Peter D. Cherry" To: it-list@sparky.uthscsa.eduSubject: Re: Find object preferences/merge pseudocolor picturesMessage-ID: <326C2142.21BC@scisun.sci.ccny.cuny.edu>Edgar Hartsuiker wrote:> > Hello,> >         I just started to play around with IT, and am impressed by ITs> possibilities. Now I have two questions.>         At the moment I have a problem. After I checked `Manually select> objects` in the `find objects` preferences, I have not been able to change> the settings back to `automatically select objects` (I want to set a minimal> pixel size). I have tried it several times, but after choosing ok in the> preferences window and reopening the `find objects` preferences, always> `Manually select objects` was checked. I do not have this problem with other> preferences in the `find objects` page. Am I doing something wrong? Could> this be a bug?>         We want to use IT for capturing double staining immuno fluorescence> and FISH pictures with different fluorochromes. We have a black and white> camera. Therefore it would be very nice if we could colorize the pictures> (e.g. the FITC picture green and the TRITC picture red) and merge them> together afterwards. Are there any plans to include this feature in future> versions of IT? I can imagine that I am not the only one that is interested> in the feature.> > Thanks, Edgar> > **************************************************> *   Edgar Hartsuiker                             *> *   Institute of General Microbiology            *> *   University of Bern                           *> *   Baltzer-Strasse 4, CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland *> *   Tel:    +41 31 631 46 53                     *> *   Fax:    +41 31 631 46 84                     *> *   E-MAIL: hartsuiker@imb.unibe.ch              *> **************************************************Try using RGB filters from Edmund Scientific with your camera(inexpensive) and summing the three images with the newest sharewareversion of Paint Shop Pro-(v 4.0) which includes color channelsummation.  I find this to work very well in creating color images.------------------------------Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 10:22:28 +0100From: Ian Paterson To: it-list@sparky.uthscsa.eduSubject: Loss of Device in Image Tool DTOL ConfigurationMessage-ID: <326C9254.73BB@ncl.ac.uk>I am a new user to both Data Translations imaging and Image Tool.I have a DT 3152 Frame Grabbing Card and SDK software running underWindows 95 on a 32meg ram, P5-120mhz Gateway 2000 computer.My problem is this:Using the DTOL Configuration control in Image Tool I reconfigured theframe size (rightly or wrongly). On trying this configuration the grabscreen was not as it should have been. I stopped the pass-thru andclosed the window.  I then tried to reconfigure the frame size back toits original settings.I selected Settings, then on selecting Preferences, I got an illegalfunction warning and had to close Image Tool.I restarted Image Tool, selected settings, then Preferences, and finallyDTOL Configuration, the program had not interfaced with the devicedriver and therefore the device window was empty.I then tried to select Aquire, Data Translations Aquisition and got thefollowing message:ERROR CALLING DTOL routine, OllmgOpenDevice: OLC_STS_NOOPENDEVICE:Unableto open the specified DT-Open layers imaging device. Make sure that thedevice is not currently open.This then hangs the computer and requires a re-boot.All the diagnostics are OK, and both the Aquire and Passthru routinessupplied by Data Translations work OK.I have un-installed all related software and drivers, re-installed thenbut to no avail, there must be some reason for this error which hasrendered my setup un-usable, as I cannot access the DT3152 via ImageTool. Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated and a speedyresponce even more so.Thank youIan PatersonCavitation Tunnel SupervisorDept. of Marine TechnologyUniversity of Newcastle upon Tyne------------------------------Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 11:25:00 -0700 (PDT)From: Gary Marshall To: IT-LIST Subject: change aspect ratio?Message-ID: Has anyone written a plug-in, or know of a way to change the aspect ratio of an image in IT?  We capture images from a Brewster angle microscope that views a surface at an angle of about 37 degrees off the normal.  We would like to use IT to correct for the distortion in the image, as well as perform other image analysis.Gary MarshallUCLA Dept. of Chemistry & Biochemistry------------------------------Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 12:49:16 -0400From: "Dennis B. Barr" To: it-list@sparky.uthscsa.eduSubject: Re: change aspect ratio?Message-ID: <2.2.16.19961023124600.2befde0e@NTA150.kpt.emn.com>At 01:19 PM 10/22/96 +0600, you wrote:>Has anyone written a plug-in, or know of a way to change the aspect >ratio of an image in IT?  We capture images from a Brewster angle >microscope that views a surface at an angle of about 37 degrees off the >normal.  We would like to use IT to correct for the distortion in the >image, as well as perform other image analysis.>>Gary Marshall>UCLA Dept. of Chemistry & Biochemistry>I have used Graphic Workshop which can be used in a batch mode to change thex-y dimensions of several images at once.  This program is shareware and hasa number of other utilities for images.  It can be downloaded fromwww.mindworkshop.com/alchemy/alchemy.htmlDr. Dennis B. Barr		|	 333    DDDDD		 333     DDDDDEastman Chemical Company	|	3   3   D    D		3   3    D    DMicroscopy and Morphology	|	    3   D     D		    3    D     D  Research Laboratory		|	  33    D     D		  33     D     DP.O. Box 1972			|	    3   D     D		    3    D     DKingsport, TN 37662-5150	|	3   3   D    D		3   3    D    D				|	 333    DDDDD		 333     DDDDDVoice: 423/229-2188		|E-mail: dennbarr@eastman.com	|	  IMAGE			    IMAGEFAX: 423/229-4558		|-----------------------------------------------------				(Cross your eyes to see the 3 dimensional image above)------------------------------Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 18:10:35 -0700 (PDT)From: Gary Marshall To: IT-LIST Subject: DT3155 and Win95Message-ID: Hello,I have been browsing the archives and see many messages saying that IT and the DT3155 card don't work together.  Having downloaded the new version of IT (1.25) I see in the help file that it does.  When I try to use File | Aquire | Select Source...  I get a fatal error and must close the program.  Is there something that I need to do that I haven't?  Or am I just screwed?I am using a P133 PC, Win 95, and the DT3155.....Gary MarshallUCLA Dept. of Chemistry & BiochemistryTelephone: 310 825 7193FAX:       310 206 5381------------------------------Date: Sat, 26 Oct 1996 09:27:53 -0600 (MDT)From: Linnea Ista To: it-list@sparky.uthscsa.eduSubject: Re: DT3155 and Win95Message-ID: On Fri, 25 Oct 1996, Gary Marshall wrote:> > Hello,> > I have been browsing the archives and see many messages saying that IT > and the DT3155 card don't work together.  Having downloaded the new > version of IT (1.25) I see in the help file that it does.  > > When I try to use File | Aquire | Select Source...  I get a fatal error > and must close the program.  Is there something that I need to do that I > haven't?  Or am I just screwed?> > I am using a P133 PC, Win 95, and the DT3155.....> > Gary Marshall> UCLA Dept. of Chemistry & Biochemistry> Telephone: 310 825 7193> FAX:       310 206 5381> > Did you get the SDK with your frame grabber card? If not, it won't work. If Data Translations did not tell you that you needed it with IT, make them send you one!Good luck!Linnea------------------------------Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 12:52:26 GMTFrom: p.d.lee@ic.ac.ukTo: it-list@sparky.uthscsa.eduSubject: Re: DT3155 and Win95Message-ID: <9610271252.ZM17406@calvin.mt.ic.ac.uk>On Oct 25,  8:04pm, Gary Marshall wrote:> Subject: DT3155 and Win95>> Hello,> ...> When I try to use File | Aquire | Select Source...  I get a fatal error> and must close the program.  Is there something that I need to do that I> haven't?  Or am I just screwed?>> I am using a P133 PC, Win 95, and the DT3155.....We're having the exact same problem, and we have tried loadingthe SDK from Data Translation as well. Does this need to bedone in a specific order?  Or does it require a specific versionof the SDK? Or that the SDK drivers be put in non-default locations?It only seems to work on machines where an older version of ITwas already loaded.It would be great if there was a short note on this in the manualand FAQ where the built in compatability with the DT3155 is mentioned.Peter-- Peter D. Lee, p.d.lee@ic.ac.uk, Room RSM G11Department of Materials, Imperial CollegePrince Consort Road, London SW7 2BPTel: 0171 594-6801; Fax: 0171 584-3194------------------------------Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 11:19:39 -0100From: Simon van der Linde To: "'it-list@sparky.uthscsa.edu'" Subject: Error in IT 1.25Message-ID: <01BBC4C1.E9CA44A0@cptpc91.stm.tudelft.nl>Dear it-list-ers,I'm a relatively new user of IT 1.25. When I use IT with a couple (2-3) =image (tif) windows and a stack window, I always encounter an error =after performing a couple (4-10) of  operations (running a mask, copying =and pasting from/to the stack). Their does not seem to be any logic in =the occurrence of the error, it also happens when I click on a menu. =However the error is always produced in KERNEL32.DLL. With the following =error message :Invalid page fault in Kernel32.dll at position 0137 bff9a28cI was wondering if this was a common error, or that only occurs on my =machine. I'm using IT on a pentium with 16 Mb (win95).Regards=20Simon van der LindeTU-DelftThe Netherlands ------------------------------Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 11:30:49 GMTFrom: Jeremy Thomason To: it-list@sparky.uthscsa.eduSubject: Re: Error in IT 1.25Message-ID: <199610281130.LAA13750@cheviot.ncl.ac.uk>Dear IT-listersI have just acquired IT and I am considereing the purchase of a framegrabber.  In the manual it says that the DT3155 grabber is supported, butthis is monochrome only, is there a suitable colour board (Y/C or RGB)available anywhere?Jeremy Thomason------------------------------End of IT-LIST Digest 53